All international, non-European Union students need to obtain a visa to study in Cyprus. After receiving a letter of acceptance from the Office of Admissions, students must apply for a visa by submitting the documents listed below to the University (Office of Admission’s International Office, P.O. Box 22006, 1516, Nicosia, Cyprus) in English, at least three months prior to the beginning of the semester.
- Certified copy of relevant academic records in English
- Undergraduate students - certified copy of High School Leaving Certificate and grade marksheet
- Master students - certified copy of Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university, or certified copies of professional qualifications
- PhD students - certified copy of Bachelor and Master degree
- Certified copy of a valid passport, valid for a minimum of two (2) years
- Original letter attesting to good conduct, issued by the police authorities in the student’s country of citizenship, confirming a clear criminal record. The letter of good conduct should be issued no more than 6 months before the date of submission of documents for Visa approval.
- Original health certificates for HIV, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and syphilis, in addition to chest X-ray report (for tuberculosis). Health certificates should be issued no more than 4 months before the date of submission of documents for Visa approval and must be issued only from public hospitals.
- Original bank letter and recent bank statement confirming that the student or sponsor (parent(s)/guardian(s)) has sufficient funds to finance the student’s fees and living expenses in Cyprus. The amount indicated on the bank letter and bank statement must be equivalent to at least €7,000. The bank letter should be issued no more than 6 months before the date of submission of documents for Visa approval whilst the bank statement must show the transactions of the last two months.
Your application for admission to European University Cyprus is subject to approval by the Ministry of Education and Culture and the Cyprus Migration Office. Student visas are issued in Cyprus. Upon the Migration Office’s approval, the original copy of the Temporary Student Visa will be sent to successful applicants by the Office of Admissions. A Temporary Residence Permit (Pink Slip) will be issued after students arrive at European University Cyprus and complete all necessary admission, registration and payment requirements. International students holding a student visa must be enrolled for full-time study. Different attestations of the above documents are required, depending on your country of citizenship.
As the visa attestations vary for each country, please follow this link to find:
- Specific visa requirements for your country of citizenship. If you cannot find your country in the list, please contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com
Down payment of fees
In order to qualify for a student visa, all international students admitted to European University Cyprus must also submit a minimum payment to the University of:
€4,178 - Undergraduate students
€3,158 - Master students
€5,228 - PhD students
- Application fee (€52 non-refundable)*
- Immigration application fee –M58 (€86 non-refundable)*
- Insurance Fee (€170)
- International student guarantee (€342 refundable)*
- Other fees (€78 per semester)
- Estimated first semester tuition fees:
€3,450 - Undergraduate students
€2,430 - Master students
€4,500 - PhD students
*One-time off payment
Payment should be made to the Office of Admissions via bank transfer**, or online at jccsmart.com or Flywire. The Cyprus Migration Department will NOT accept applications for student visa if the University is unable to present evidence of payment.
An additional immigration charge of approximately €160 is payable by the student, in cash, upon arrival in Cyprus.
- Alien Certificate (€70)
- Temporary Residence Permit (M61) – Pink Slip (€35)
- Health Certificates (€35)
- Chest X-Ray Report (€20)
A Temporary Residence Permit (Pink Slip) will be issued after students arrive at European University Cyprus and complete all necessary admission, registration, and payment requirements.
Note: Upon arrival students will need to open a bank account in Cyprus and deposit the total amount of at least €5,000
Tuition fees vary according to program of study. Final adjustments to tuition fees will be made after the student registers at European University Cyprus. Any balance will be set off against the next semester’s fees. No refund will be given for any credit balance.
**EUC bank details
Name of Bank HELLENIC BANK
Account Name SPS INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION LTD
Account Number 121-01-030320-01
IBAN CY73 0050 0121 0001 2101 0303 2001
Address Corner 200 Limassol Avenue & Athalassas Avenue, 2025 Strovolos, Nicosia
Note: The student name and reference number (found in acceptance letter) must be quoted on all bank transactions. Tuition fees expressed are in euros (€), the official currency of Cyprus. Students are advised to make payments in euros.
A student who fails to register because he/she has not completed the process of admission or was refused a Cyprus entry visa is entitled to a refund, provided the Office of the Registrar is notified in writing. An administrative charge of €175 will be deducted, covering visa and bank expenses.
A student who fails to register and does not enter Cyprus, even though an entry visa was issued, is entitled to a refund provided the Office of the Registrar is notified in writing. An administrative charge of €175 will be deducted, covering visa and bank expenses, as well as the International Student Guarantee of €342.
A student who fails to register but does enter Cyprus is entitled to a refund, provided the Office of the Registrar is notified in writing. An administrative charge of €175 will be deducted, covering visa, bank, and other expenses, as well as the International Student Guarantee of €342.
When entering Cyprus (Larnaca or Paphos International Airport) all international students should also have the following with them, to ensure entry to the country:
- The original (or copy) Entry Permit – Blue Slip, issued by the Migration Authorities of Cyprus
- The receipts (or copies) indicating total payments of visa and registration/tuition fees to European University Cyprus
- Official bank receipts from the bank in your country to prove the transfer of payment to the university
- Cash in hand of at least Euro €2,000 to cover personal expenses (meals, books, accommodation, etc)
- Acceptance letter from the Office of Admissions
- A valid passport