For the comfort and safety of patrons, volunteers, and staff, and the protection of Library property, the following actions are examples of conduct not allowed on Library property:
- Disruptive behavior, such as creating loud noises, loud talking, screaming, using mobile phones, or banging on computer keyboards.
- Consuming food or beverages except bottled water.
- Moving Library furniture from where it is placed by Library staff.
- Lying down or appearing to be sleeping in the Library; having feet on furniture; or blocking aisles, exits or entrances.
- Using restrooms for bathing or shampooing, doing laundry, or changing clothes.
- Verbally or physically harassing other patrons, volunteers, or staff.
- Damaging or stealing Library property.
- Using Library computers for reasons other than doing research. In other words no surfing on the internet, no chatting, no playing games, no viewing of inappropriate sites.
Authorized library staff may intervene to stop prohibited activities and behaviors. Failure to comply with these rules may result in: 1) withdrawal of a person's permission to remain on Library property; and/or 2) issuance of a Notice of Exclusion from Library property for a period of one day to two years. A violation of law may also result in arrest and prosecution. Violations of law and/or these rules may also result in the restriction and/or termination of Library privileges, including the use of Library computers and other equipment. Authorized personnel may base a Notice of Exclusion on personal observation or upon the sort of civilian reports that would ordinarily be relied upon by police officers in the determination of probable cause.
Administrative Review of Notices of Exclusion
An individual who has received a Notice of Exclusion may timely request an administrative review of an exclusion order that is for a period greater than seven days
Loan Periods for Books
Books can be borrowed for a minimum of 3 weeks.A user can renew the book except in the case of another user requesting it.In this case the book must be returned and the loaned period cannot be extended.
Books from the reference shelves and all those with a red sticker cannot be borrowed including textbooks.
||€0.50 / day
||Per day per item to maximum of €30.00
|Overdue reserve item
||€1.00 / hour
||Per hour per item to maximum of €30.00
|Recalled material overdue
||€3.00 / day
||Per day after new due date is assigned to maximum of €30.00
|Lost item fee book, video, or reserved item
||€60.00 lost book fee + €25.00 overdue fee + €15.00 processing fee = €100 total minimum OR replacement cost of materials whichever is greater
|Max Outstanding Balance – graduate students on – campus and faculty/staff on-campus
||€30.00 / item
|Max Outstanding Balance – undergraduate students and faculty/staff on-campus
|Max Outstanding Balance - Alumni
Patrons who fail to return or renew material, or who incur any fines or fees, are blocked from further check-out until all material has been returned and all fines and fees have been paid.